What is the Windows spoolsv.exe?
The Spoolsv.exe process is a windows file and it is responsible for the underlying print spooler. It is a spooler subsystem app and processes various printing and faxing jobs on your system.
Since this file is system file and installed with Microsoft Windows. Sometimes the system has to use many resources due to the processing of various file formats. It is time-consuming and more memory for processing. This is a core Windows process.
Is this file a spyware, Trojan or virus?
Microsoft does not have spools witch spyware, Trojans or viruses with Windows XP files. All files corrupted by viruses on your computer.
Then antivirus programs can identify and clean this file on your PC. Then delete this file anytime. The antivirus program should handle it.
You known Trojans viruses and worms that recognize this file. It is once again to know if this virus has become clean from the computer or not. To infect it, an in-to-date antivirus program has been infected.
Is it safe to remove this from the Task Manager processes?
Yes. This file is not an important process and safely removed from the task manager to free up the usage memory. To do this, highlight the spoolsv.exe process in Task Manager and click on the End Process button.
The spoolsv exe is using 99%, 100%, or other high amounts of CPU.
When spoolsv exe high cpu utilization is a problem like this spolsv exe uses 99% to 100% CPUs, it is a printer problem in Windows Spool and for manual print problems.
These steps must be followed manually.
- Firstly, you can Open Control Panel.
- Secondly, in the control panel, after that double-click Administrative Tools and then Services.
- After that locate the print spooler within the services and right-click it and select the stop.
- Next, a process is stopped on your pc and open the windows.
- After that open my computer and browse the folder below.
- c: \ windows \ system32 \ spool \ printer
- c: \ WinNT \ system32 \ spool \ printer
- Lastly, delete all the files in the printer folder in this folder. Once you remove them, you can right-click the print spooler in the window and start to re-enable the service.
For instance if this does not solve your problem, then hp printer support number can call back. Make sure you have the latest printer drivers for your printer. Additionally, make sure you have an antivirus security program on the computer and it is up-to-date.
Suppose we come to a conclusion that spoolsv.exe is a virus, malware file then:
To remove and prevent malicious backdoors, viruses, spyware and worms from gaining access to your machine:
- Firstly, you must keep your antivirus and antispyware software updated with the latest definitions and should run regular scans.
- Secondly, you should also avoid opening attachments that come with unsolicited e-mails.
- Thirdly, keep your Windows operating system, applications and drivers updated at all times to prevent malware from gaining access through security lapses discovered in these software programs.
These are the ways to solve the issue of spoolsv.exe if it is a virus or harmful file.
Spoolsv.exe generates errors and closed by Windows.
Make sure you have the latest printer drivers for your printer. The list of printer drivers can be found through our printer drivers page. Additionally, make sure you have an antivirus security program on the computer and it is up-to-date.
For an instance you want to remove this from you task manager then follow the below steps to finish the work.
Fistly safety is most importan priority when it comes your operating system so you can safely end this process as since you are not using a printer then you can close this process through the Task Manager.
- Start off by press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the Windows Task Manager
- After it is opened then open the Processes tab.
- Next in that tab locate and right-click on the spoolsv.exe process
- Lastly select End Process.
- Most importantly remember that you should not terminate the spoolsv.exe process while you are using the printer, as this action will prevent you from sending any more print jobs to your printer and increases problems.
These are the ways to solve the spoolsv.exe issues and ways to access the printing task, print spooler service, control over high cpu usage, manage windows printing by changing print queue.