Twitch.tv is an impressive platform to entertain yourself by watching your favourite streamers play exciting games and interacting with the fans. To watch the streams on your TV or any other compatible device, you must first activate Twitch TV using the procedure we have shared here.
Twitch has expanded the purpose of video games as a pure form of online entertainment. There are tons of very interesting and worth-watching streamers and content creators on Twitch like SypherPK, DrLupo, Rubius, Sykkuno, etc., to name a few.
You can watch their streams continuously for hours in your free time and spare yourself from some boring Netflix shows. Find out how to activate Twitch TV to enjoy the streams on a bigger screen.
Twitch is a video live streaming service based in the United States that concentrates on video game live streaming, including esports tournament broadcasts, music broadcasts, creative content, and “in real life” feeds. It is Interactive, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary, runs it. It debuted in June 2011 as a spin-off of Justin.tv, a general-interest streaming network. The site’s content can be accessed in real-time or on-demand.
twitch.tv/activate Activate Twitch TV
Twitch is a popular live streaming video service. It got popular with streamers and gamers. Many people wanted to know how to activate Twitch TV. The users must get the device’s activation code to start the Twitch TV.
How to Activate Twitch TV on Android TV?
- Turn on your Android tv and go to the Play Store.
- Look for the Twitch tv app in the store, and get it downloaded and installed.
- Open it once it gets installed.
- Go to the Login page, where you will see a 6-digit code.
Now, enter the website URL (twitch.tv/activate) on your mobile browser/pc browser. If you are not logged in, you need to log in first and then enter the code displayed on your tv screen in the box provided.
Done, start streaming Twitch tv content on your Android tv.
How to Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation
Activating your Twitch account on a PlayStation console will require you to install the Twitch App via the PlayStation Store. You will also need an active Twitch account and a different device to log in to your account and receive the activation code.
To activate Twitch TV on PlayStation, follow these steps:
- Open your PlayStation console and go to the PlayStation Store.
- Search for the Twitch App and install it.
- Once it’s installed, open the Twitch App and log in to your Twitch account using your login details.
- You will now see a six-digit code on your display. This will serve as your activation code; save it as you will need it on the next step.
- On a different device, open your default browser and go to https://twitch.tv/activate.
- Sign in to your Twitch account and enter the six-digit code you saw on the console’s Twitch App.
- Click Activate. Your Twitch TV account is now activated on your PlayStation console. You can now watch and stream content through your PlayStation’s Twitch App.
Activate Twitch TV On Roku
Being an easy-to-carry device, Roku will allow you to watch your favourite content on different platforms seamlessly. But while activating Twitch TV, Roku users face many difficulties. Roku is quite similar to Firestick in functionality, but Roku doesn’t have a very user-friendly interface. If you are a Roku user and you are unaware of how to use it for watching Twitch TV, you should follow the below steps:
- Before connecting Roku to your smart TV, you must ensure that your smart TV is connect to the internet.
- For installing Twitch TV, use the menu button on the remote to navigate to the ‘Streaming Channels’ menu. In this menu, find Twitch TV through the search bar and add it to the streaming list.
- Launch the Twitch TV app on the smart TV and note down the activation code displayed on the screen.
- Further, open a web browser on your PC or Smartphone and navigate to twitch.tv.
- Use your Twitch credentials to login and open twitch.tv/activate in a new tab for activation purposes.
- Enter the activation code. When the screen refreshes, you can watch Twitch TV on your Roku.
Twitch is a great platform where you can watch, interact, and creative stream content. Also, you can use Twitch TV through several consoles and devices—like PlayStation, Xbox, and Android phones—via the Twitch App. However, you must have an activated Twitch account to make this work.
Hence, this guide will help you go over the different activation steps when using Twitch on a different device other than your computer.
What is twitch.tv/activate?
It is a way of verifying the user before giving full access to the Twitch.tv account. Just use your email address and password to generate the activation code to ensure complete verification is done.
How to activate the Twitch code?
The steps to generate the Twitch TV activation code are pretty simple. Just go to the browser and type in Twitch TV Activate, and after you have finished filling in the credentials, you will be redirect to the ‘Activate’ button. If you don’t have a Twitch TV account, you can also create a new account and follow the instructions on the screen.
Where to enter the Twitch Activate Code?
You can generate the six-digit activation code by going to the browser and typing in Twitch TV Activate. Simply fill out all the details, and your devices will instantly connect after you hit the Activate button.