An ideal printer needs to have the capability to give the best of print on paper. There are different types based on laser, ink, wireless or wired etc. But one of the best companies in manufacturing almost an ideal one is the HP. Hp Printer setup can be done by two types of HP Printer software one is printer driver and other is HP printer management software.
HP printers to work along size your system there are three main steps:
- Download the HP printer software.
- Install it.
- Connect the HP printer through software.
Download the HP printer Software:
Before downloading you will have to ensure that you have powered on the HP printer.
You will have to go the official website of the HP Printer and under the HP printer setup ensure to enter your printer’s name.
Based on the printer’s name the HP website will suggest you the best setup and then download it.
Installation of the Software:
After install printer software and drivers, firstly you will have to create an HP account and then you will have to register your printer
After setup, you have to choose the HP Smart software to print, scan and copy files whenever you want.
Steps while connecting HP Printer and system:
Firstly, You make sure that the computer or system you are installing the printer driver software must be connected to the same network you are connecting the printer to.
Secondly, you will have to follow all the on-screen step carefully until you are allowed for connection type and then select the through the network option for wireless connection.
Generally, it becomes automatic connection for some devices once they have installed but for other wireless you will have to follow the above command.
If there is any error it must be troubleshoot or ensure to uninstall and reinstall the software as the on-screen directions any missed might create this issue.
Hp printer software not working, this occurs due to three basic reasons. The first one is not updating the driver of windows.
To update the driver, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, restart the system and ensure all the pending updates of the system are done.
- Now, press the windows key to once again see if there are any pending updates left, if yes then start downloading and finish the update.
The second method is to update it through device manager for which below are the following steps:
- Ensure to press the windows key and then open the device manager.
- After that in the dialogue box search for required printer and then connect to it.
- Now, right click on the device and choose the driver software to be updated.
- Now, you will be asked for permissions, follow them and complete the installation.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
The third method is to update through BIOS of your system. BIOS is the basic input and output system which gives all the commands for your computer to perform the basic tasks while downloading etc. This is very important component of any computer. Now, follow the below steps:
- Based on your computer decide and try opening the BIOS system.
- Ensure to update all the settings under the BIOS as if this is not updated properly might result in slowing the process resulting in the not working of the printer sometimes.
Tips to avoid the problems related to HP printer setup not working.
- Check your firewalls and keep updating it from time to time to ensure that no virus attacks can stop your printer from working.
- Try to use an antivirus software to protect your printer from any malicious attacks.
- Keep updating your HP printer driver.
- Clean all the Printer history to make your printer work faster.
- Ensure your WIFI connection is apt and the signal strength is strong enough to make the wireless printer take the commands and follow them.
These are methods to setup the HP printer and ways to update it and prevent any errors while HP printer is working.