Todays’ topic is based on the install McAfee antivirus on windows PC. So, moving on to the definition first. McAfee software is an antivirus program created and maintained by McAfee, Inc. (formerly known as Intel Security, and Network Associates prior to that). It is not available as a standalone package but is included in McAfee LiveSafe, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, and McAfee Total Protection. Additionally, BSkyB and McAfee have previously produced a “Sky Broadband” branded version of VirusScan, offered free to Sky Digital customers upon broadband modem installation. McAfee LiveSafe integrates antivirus, firewall, and anti-spyware/anti-ransomware capabilities.
Install McAfee Antivirus with a retail box
Before you begin to Check for other security applications. If you have other security software installed on your computer, remove them using the instructions provided by their product manufacturer. Removing these security applications is necessary to prevent application conflicts and degraded performance.
Check for older versions of McAfee security applications
If you have an older McAfee product on your computer that is identical to the product on your CD, you can leave the application installed. The installer for the new programs checks the installed version. If the versions are identical, the installer skips the installation and allows you to extend your subscription.
If the version of your McAfee security product is not identical to the product from your retail box, remove the current products using the instructions in TS101331, before you install the new version from the CD.
Determine which installation method to use
Use the following information to determine which installation method suits your needs:
- Web installation: Install McAfee security product online is the best method to use under the following conditions:
- Your computer does not have a CD drive.
- Your Internet connection is fast.
- You are installing a multi-computer license on a second computer.
- CD installation: Install McAfee security product from a CD is the best method to use if your computer has a CD drive, but has a slow Internet connection. This method avoids a long download time.
If your install fails on a Windows device, try using the Pre-Install Tool. This tool prepares your computer for installation:
- Download the Pre-Install Tool.
NOTE: Save the file to a temporary location, such as your desktop.
- Double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and follow the prompts.
- Read the warning message, and click OK to agree to the changes.
- After the Preinstall Tool completes:
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to install your product again.
How to Install McAfee Antivirus?
- Open your web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com from the additional Mac or PC you are installing on.
- Click My Account, Sign in.
- Type your email address and password, and click Log In.
- If you do not have a McAfee account, select “Are you a new user”? Register Now, follow the prompts to create your McAfee account, and click Log In.
- If you want the website to remember your user name in the future, select “Remember Me”.
- Click My Account.
- Select the correct LiveSafe product subscription, and then click Download.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and click I Agree to accept the terms and continue to download and install McAfee.
- Follow the instructions to install and configure your McAfee software.
Install on a mobile device
- On your PC or
Mac, open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com/.
- Click My
Account, Sign in.
- Type your email
address and password, and click Log In.
If you do not have a McAfee account, select “Are you a new user?” Register Now, follow the prompts to create your McAfee account, and click Log In.
If you want the website to remember your user name in the future, select Remember Me.
- Select the (+) icon.
- Choose the mobile device you want to protect and click Send Link.
- Select the mobile device platform and McAfee LiveSafe Mobile Security.
- Click Next.
- Select your country and type your mobile phone number or device nickname (for tablets).
- The link to download your software is then sent to your device using SMS or email.
- Open the McAfee email and click Download now.
- Click Download again, and then read and accept the License Agreement.
- In the app store, select Open.
- Log in with your My Account credentials and create a six-digit PIN.
Before installing from an app store, ensure you have created
an account at http://home.mcafee.com and have logged
in at least once. Also, ensure you use the same email address and password from
your install or retail card redemption for each device.
So, these were the steps to download and Install Mcafee antivirus on your Pc or on your mobile phone.