Quite often we need to use the split screen option in MAC. But sometimes end up with issues for which you will need to understand how to use the split screen on MAC. As now in this technological world running fast with the world is very important hence using two apps side by side makes it simpler.
There are different ways of using the split screen view and there is also a slight difference between each type of MAC OS the user is using.
To use a split screen view in a mac:
- Firstly, you will have to point over the full screen button and hold the button.
- Secondly, you will have to select the two tile view of the screen where you are shown the two sides of the screen.
- Lastly, you have two different screens and keep working with ease one and then the other as per your requirement. This is applicable for the MACOS Catalina.
The more general and common method for the general MAC is as follows:
- Firstly, you will have to search for the full screen button and keep holding it for a few seconds.
- After that you will get the resize view where your window shrinks and you can move it to left or right.
- Now, after this is set you can create the new window and start using both the buttons.
If you are not able to do this then there are some reasons for this one is to update your MAC. Updating your MAC is very important for which is required. As if your MAC is an outdated version then you can access the split screen view on your MAC.
The second one is to ensure all your apps are updated. As some apps have the permission for split screen while some don’t. First check if your particular app has the permission to use it in the split screen.
Updating is important as if you don’t then if the app has got permission for allowance in the split screen view. Hence ensure you have updated all the required apps to access them in the split screen view.
Sometimes in spite of using the default view still it might not be convenient for you to see and use the view properly as the main aim of using this is to not to get distracted and uninterrupted while working on your professional document.
To adjust your particular app you can use the black border and adjust accordingly. But there is one clause which is not in the hands of the user. As some apps like APPLE ‘s have a fixed thickness for which you will need to ensure you are not finding a problem.
Split view by default hides the title bar and for which you will have to click on the title bar. And switch to which you will need the screen for better view.
Sometimes you can use window snapping in cases of the split screen not feasible. You can use the snapping technique. But this technique can be used for cases for the full screen length of each app you want to work.
If while using you are not able to exit the split screen by just closing it by the default conventional method:
- Firstly, you will have to again use your pointer and on the top of your screen. Hold there so that you can now see the window buttons .
- After that click the full screen button on any one of the windows and you will automatically exit the split view.
- Lastly, if you are not able to exit the split view then use the Mission Control or you can try a Multi touch gesture.
If this doesn’t work then shut down your MAC and restart it and then check it. Sometimes the split screen might get freezes as a result of long hours usage.