Why Can’t I Log into my Amazon Prime account?
If you’re having trouble logging in, recheck your username and password properly or you may need to reset your password.
Here are some things to check if you’re having trouble logging in
- Email Address: Check your email address if it is in the correct format as email@example.com etc.
- Make sure you’re using the correct email address and the correct password for the account with that email.
- Check your phone number if you created your account with a mobile phone number, Make sure to include your country code in your mobile phone number.
- Password: While typing password check CAPS Lock and NUM Lock on your keyboard. Passwords are case sensitive, so “PASSWORD” and “Password” are different passwords. If you’re sure you’re using the correct email address or mobile phone number, you can try resetting your password.
If you have forgotten your password then you can easily reset it on the amazon prime website by following this simple process:
To reset your password:
- Go to the Password assistance option
- When asked, enter the email address or mobile number you have added to your Amazon account and select continue.
- Amazon will send you an email or SMS (you can choose one) which will contain an OTP ( One Time Password ), to verify that only the owner of the account is requesting to reset the password, no one else.
- Enter the OTP you received and select continue.
- Create a new password.
- Your new password is active as soon as it’s created.
- The new password you typed will be applicable for all Amazon-related accounts associated with the same email address.
What is Two-Step Verification?
Two-Step Verification is an extra layer of security to your account log-in.
It is provided by websites or applications to improve security and to make sure that only the owner of a particular account can log in to their account.
- When you try to log in to an account that has two-step verification enabled, It sends you a unique one-time security code called OTP.
- You can choose to receive the security code by text message, voice call, or authenticator app when you sign up for verification.
- You need to enter both the code and your password to log in to your account.
- In Your Account, select Login & security.
- Select Edit
- Click Get Started button
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
When you turn on Two Step Verification, the website or app implements an extra layer of security as a verification process that only the owner of the account is trying to access the account.
- You will enter your password.
- We will send you a One-Time Password (OTP).
- You will enter the OTP and complete the Sign-in.
How to reset Amazon Prime password?
You can reset your amazon password by clicking on forgot password option, then a code will be sent to your phone or mail. Once you’ve entered the code sent to your phone, you will be able to reset your password and you will have access to your Amazon Prime account again.
Follow the steps shown to reset your password or to recover your email.
If you are still not able to log in to your account, or, you are still not able to use the app or access the website, you can call customer service. A customer service person guides you through the steps needed to get access to your account. You will be asked for some information that will help the customer service representative find your account.
Once the customer service representative verifies your information, He/She will guide you in resetting the password and email recovery process. You can use the chat function on the website
If you are confused about what to do to resolve your issue, Amazon has a chat function that allows you to get help with issues like Login, Reset password, questions, and any problem related to Amazon. The chat function can be accessed from the chat function on website and app. The chat customer service associate will walk you through the steps needed to recover your email or password.
In case Two-Step Verification fails and now you can’t access your account then you can try to recover your account by:
Before you begin recovering your account, try to sign in with the mobile number or e-mail address registered with your Amazon account or from a trusted device where you have logged in or used the app before.
If you still can’t sign in, to recover your account:
- Go to account recovery on the amazon prime website to begin account recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upload any of your government-issued photo identity documents.
- Acceptable forms of government-issued identification documents are:
- A state-issued driver license
- A state ID card
- A voter registration card
Note: Make sure that your name and address, and the issuing authority are visible.
Remove any sensitive information such as account numbers or identification numbers from the identification document to protect your account.
No one can make changes to your Two-Step Verification settings until your identity is successfully verified according to the above steps. If you can sign in to your account, you’ll have access to make changes to your account.
The verification process can take 1-2 days to get completed.
Once verified, the Two-Step Verification for account access will be automatically disabled. We will email you to confirm once the Two-Step Verification has been disabled. You will then be able to access your account with only your password. Two step verification can be re-enabled at any time.