Todays’ topic mainly deals with Norton Error 3048 3. So, we will first look at what is actually the Norton Error 3048 3. Norton Error 3048 3 usually occurs due to an incomplete installation of the antivirus software. It can also happen when the windows have been corrupted or the system has been attacked by some kind of virus, which Norton is not able to detect.
Causes of Error 3048 3
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problems, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Repairing Registry Entries Associated With Error 3048 3
To manually repair your Windows registry, first, you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to Error 3048 3 (eg. Norton AntiVirus):
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “regedit” and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 3048 3-related key (eg. Norton AntiVirus) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Norton AntiVirus backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as “Norton AntiVirus Backup”.
- Check the Export Range box, be sure that the “Selected branch” is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your Norton AntiVirus-related registry entry.
Installation of Updates
Microsoft is constantly updating and improving Windows system files that could be associated with Error 3048 3. Sometimes resolving your Runtime Errors problems may be as simple as updating Windows with the latest Service Pack or another patch that Microsoft releases on an ongoing basis.
To check for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the Start button.
- Type “update” into the search box and hit ENTER.
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appears on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed on your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Run Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr) (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
You might also be experiencing runtime errors because of a very low free space on your computer.
- User should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
Closing conflicting situations
When you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process button.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
So, these were the fix related to Norton error 3048 3.
if you have any problem then contact our official number: (855) 815-2726.