This article deals with the solution when you are facing the issue of the unavailability of the HP printer driver. So, here are the solutions and the methods listed which would resolve your issue.
Method 1: Reinstall your HP printer driver
A corrupt or incompatible driver is the most likely cause of the driver’s unavailable error. It’s also the easiest problem to fix. You just uninstall your current driver, then install the most up-to-date correct driver.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Find and right-click on your printer. Then click the Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall if you’re prompted to confirm.
- Download and install Driver Easy. It will automatically recognize your system, and find and install the correct printer driver for it, along with any other drivers that need updating.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. You need the Pro version of Driver Easy to do this. Don’t worry; it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you don’t like it, you can get a full refund, no questions asked.
- Restart your computer and try to print a file to see if your printer works. If it does, congratulations, you’ve resolved your problem.
Method 2: Reset your PC and reinstall Windows 10
This is going to wipe the PC and restart the windows system which is where the bug/glitch is.
Steps to fix reset pc:
- Search for the Settings option
- In the Settings, select the Update & security option
- Select the Recovery option in the left navigation
- Click the Get Started button
- Choose the Keep my files options
- Follow the prompts
Method 3: Troubleshoot PC
The next you need to do is troubleshoot your PC. This is going to force windows to look for any issues and if one is found specifically for your printer, then windows will try and fix the problem.
To troubleshoot your PC:
- Click on the menu
- Click on the Power icon
- Hold down the Shift key and click on Restart
- You have to hold the Shift key and don’t release it until you see the new screen
- Click on Troubleshoot
- Select Reset this PC
- Click on Keep my files
Method 4: Install the printer driver with the Add Printer wizard
Use the Add Printer tool in Windows to install the built-in driver.
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer.
- On the Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. If your printer is not in the list, continue with these steps.
- Click The printer I want isn’t listed, and then select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Click Next.
- Select the port to be used by your printer, such as USB001 for a USB connected printer, and then click Next.
- Click Windows Update, and then wait for the print drivers to update.
- Click HP, Hewlett-Packard, or Hewlett Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
- If your printer is in the list, select it, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- If your printer is not in the list, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the window two times to return to the Find a printer by other options step, and then continue with these steps.
- Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname, and then click Next.
- Select Autodetect from the Device type drop-down list.
- Type your printer IP address into the text box, and then click Next.
- To find the printer IP address, print a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- Wait for the computer to connect to the printer, and then click Next to install the print driver.
When you are finished with the Add Printer wizard, the printer driver is set up and ready to use.
So, these were basically related to the solution for the issue of the unavailability of the HP printer driver.