Today’s topic mainly deals with the Discord won’t open or discord not opening. So, we are going to be browsing various methods and their short procedure during the subject of opening problems with discord.
Reasons for the occurrence of this discord opening issue:
- Kill all
the Discord processes that are open.
- If you
are doing not remove the contents within the ‘AppData’ folder after the
deletion of Discord application, then this error can come up.
- When there’s some
glitch with the time and date application of the pc, you’ll face
- If the DNS
settings are corrupted somehow, even then there’s a prospect for
you to face this glitch.
- When you
employ proxies, next, this error can come about thanks
to that reason.
Use Task Kill
Restarting the applying has also proved to be very helpful in many cases. Follow the steps as mentioned below.
- At First, press & hold CTRL + SHIFT + ESC together to open Task Manager.
- Then navigate to the Process tab and find the discord.exe from the list.
- Now, select the discord.exe & click the End Task button from the underside right corner.
Alternative thanks to Task Kill: –
You can also perform another set of steps for the identical rather than searching why won’t discord open on lame forums. just in case the methods mentioned above for discord stuck on starting, just follow this:
- First, press Win+R keys together to open the Run box.
- Afterward, type “cmd” and press Enter.
- Then type “taskkill /F /IM discord.exe” within the command prompt and press Enter. this may kill the discord.exe task. Relaunch the app that ought to be working fine now.
Delete AppData Contents
Another handy solution is that you simply can uninstall the app and delete the AppData and LocalAppData folders and so reinstall it. for a few users, who see discord grey screen, this solution has helped over and over. Just follow the given steps to hold out this process.
- First, press Win Key+R together to open Run.
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” within the search box and hit OK.
- Afterward, locate the Discord app from the list & click on the Uninstall button to get rid of it from your system.
- Then open the Run box again by Pressing Win+R keys together.
- Later, type “%appdata%” within the search box and press OK.
- Then hunt for the Discord folder & right-click on that to pick out Delete. Select Yes if any confirmation pop-ups.
- Finally, reboot your computer and so just reinstall the Discord app. it’ll surely fix the difficulty Discord Won’t Open.
Methods To Disable Discord From Opening On Startup
There are basically 2 ways by which you’ll make Discord not open on startup.
- By using the Discord App: you’ll very easily disable the self-launch feature of Discord by using the Discord app itself. However, this can be only possible if you’re using the Discord app on Windows, as this feature isn’t available for the Discord app for Mac.
- From your Windows PC/Mac settings: This method will be wont to disable not only Discord but all the apps from opening at startup. But this method is different for Windows 7, 8, 10 and similarly as for the Mac users. But don’t worry because we are visiting to explain it all.
Turn Off Auto Start From Discord App [Only Windows]
- Launch the Discord desktop app on your Windows PC.
- Now, click on the Settings/cog icon to open the
- Next, scroll down settings options on the left side
of the screen to search out the Windows Settings option. Now,
click on that.
- Finally, within the Windows settings,
toggle the Open Discord switch to OFF. this may be enough to
prevent Discord from opening on startup on Windows.
Check the Proxies
As we mentioned earlier, this problem might occur thanks to the proxies of the system. So, you’ll disable proxies to urge obviate this problem effectively. Here’s the way to do this:
- At the start, open the control panel by visiting the start menu.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ category and click on on the ‘Internet Options’ button.
- Once it opens the ‘Internet Properties’ window, visit the Connections tab.
- Now, tap on the ‘LAN Settings’ option by visiting the LAN or Local Area Network section.
- Afterward, untick ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ box from the Proxy server section.
- Click on the OK button and so Apply button to save lots of the changes.
After performing the above steps, you’ll relaunch the Discord app and check if it opens.
An outdated version of Discord application can develop this issue. the applying is continually updated and improved. which means the updated version might include a coding rejig that may fix this problem.
Hence, visit the official website of Discord and hunt for the newest version of Discord. Once you get that, download and install it on the system.
Using SFC or System File Checker
System File Checker is an in-built tool of the Windows operating system which will facilitate you to scan the complete system for a corrupted system file. It also has the power to repair the corrupted system files. Therefore, to run the SFC checker, you’ll perform the following:
- First of all, visit the beginning menu.
- Then, type “command prompt” within the search bar and right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option showing because of the search result.
- Next, choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list to run the command prompt with admin privilege.
- Once it opens a command prompt window, type “sfc /scannow” within the program line and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the command.
- Wait for some seconds until the method finishes. just in case the SFC checker detects any corrupted files, then it’ll repair that immediately.N
Now, you’ll exit from the command prompt window and open the Discord application. So, these were the steps involved in the opening issues in discord.
If you have any kind of problem then you can visit our offcial website https://support.discord.com/.