How to connect the HP printer to Mac?
Todays’ topic of this article is “how to connect the HP printer to mac?”. So, you can connect an HP printer through USB cable also by inserting USB of the printer to the USB port of the MAC computer. Once you have successfully added your HP printer to your Apple laptop, it will automatically recognize the printer any time you connect to it. So, here are the steps to connect your HP printer to a MAC computer, look carefully:
The very first step is to go to the “Apple” menu and highlight “Software Update” to check for printer software updates.
Turn on the HP printer and connect it to the laptop with the USB cable included with the printer by inserting USB cable in the USB port of the MAC.
Navigate to the “Apple” menu in the upper left corner of the screen and then select “System Preferences.” Click on the icon for “Print & Fax.”0:41
Open the lock icon in the lower-left corner of the screen by clicking on it. Enter an administrator user name and password in the on-screen dialog window.
Then press the plus icon below the “Printers” menu which is there on the left side of the screen.
Now, select the HP printer from the “Printer Name” list. Press “Add.”
Now, you are all set. And your HP printer is connected to the MAC computer. So, now coming on to the connections of wireless HP printers to the MAC computers. Steps are clearly mentioned to proceed further and do the connections as per the steps specified. So, look at the steps carefully:
- Power on your wireless printer and complete the initial setup instructions to connect your printer to the network. Wireless printers have screens that allow you to select a wireless network and enter a password for the network, if applicable.
- Click the Apple menu and then select “Software Updates” This will check to assure that there aren’t any newer versions of your printer drivers and software.
- Click the Apple menu, then “System Preferences.”
- Click “Print & Scan” from the Hardware section.
- Click the “+” button. Select your printer from the Nearby Printers list, or click “Add Printer or Scanner” from the list of options if your printer doesn’t appear in the Nearby Printers list.
- Click the “Default” tab and select your printer, if available. If your printer isn’t available, click on the “IP” tab and enter the IP address of the printer. Leave the other options at the default settings. And finally, click “Add.
How to connect an HP printer to PC
Connecting your computer to a printer has become easier than ever as we progress into the age of innovative technology, but it seems as though the number, colors, sizes, and complexity of all the wiring can get lost in translation. Even when you think you’ve got the hang of connecting point A to point B, it takes a lot more than merely plugging in and out to deliver the right results.
In our digital age, printing comes in two forms – wired and wireless. We’ll walk you through how to connect a printer to your computer, laptop, or handheld device.
So, here are some tips that you have to keep in mind before we proceed with the steps:
- Make sure you’ve properly removed the printer from its box with all included pieces for swift and organized assembly. It is easy to rush through the simplest part blinded by excitement and haste, and even easier to skip the most basic of steps.
- Once you’ve got all the devices and wires and USB cables laid out and ready for configuration, plug the double-pronged end of the power cable into a conveniently located outlet. Your printer may automatically turn on or you may need to press a power button to wake the machine up. This is where we come in.
Now, moving on to the steps:
Step 1: Open windows setting
- At the bottom left of your screen, click the Windows icon to reveal your Start Menu
- At the bottom of the left-most column, you should see a gear icon linking to your settings window
Step 2: Access devices
- Within the first row of your Windows settings, find and click the icon labeled “Devices”
- In the left column of the Devices window, select “Printers & Scanners”
- This new window brings up a page where the first option will be to “Add Printer or Scanner”
Step 3: Connect your printer
- Once you’ve clicked “Add Printer or Scanner,” Windows should be able to detect your printer connected via USB cable
- When the name of your printer pops up, click it and complete the installation as per your computer’s instruction
If you are not able to solve your problems and want a remote assistance, Please feel free to contact our official number 1-(800)-108-4746 one of our expert technicians will assist you to solve your issues