How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device – Windows 7, 8 & 10
This is a highly secure wireless protocol that uses radio-frequency to connect Bluetooth-enabled computers and devices to each other.
Bluetooth provides the convenience of making a pen, creating a private area network (PAN) between Bluetooth-enabled computers and devices. You have at least two devices, including Bluetooth chips.
The operating range for the given device depends on the device class. A type of this device is mainly used with external devices.
Such as headset, mouse or keyboard operating range up to 3 feet (1 meter), another type of this wireless technology to access wireless communication is mainly used for computer and mobile devices.
Such as cell phones, PDAs, or is used in MP3 player. The operating range is approximately 30 feet (10 meters).
Please refer to your Bluetooth device documentation or website for specific information about operating limits for your particular device.
Put an Accessory or Device into Discovery Mode
First of all, the device can be searched by other devices.
This device varies according to different types of goods to find accessories.
Read the manual, mouse, keyboard, headset etc. on which the device was set to be searched.
If you are using a Smartphone, tablet or computer, you can also make it discoverable. Follow the steps below.
Note: That you don’t need to make a device discoverable if you’ll be connecting from it. You only need to make a device discoverable if you’re connecting to it.
For example, suppose you want to connect a headset to your Android phone – you need to make headset discoverable, not Android phones.
But, let’s say you wanted to connect an Android phone to your computer — you’d need to make the Android phone discoverable.
- Go to Control Panel
- Search for Bluetooth
- Click “Change Bluetooth settings“
- Enable the “Allow Bluetooth device to search this PC” option.
How to turn on bluetooth on Windows 10 & 8?
- Go to the Settings app
- Click on Devices
- Click the Bluetooth tab,
- Related Settings’ and click ‘More Bluetooth options’.
- This Bluetooth settings window will open. In the very first tab ‘Options‘ you will see a ‘Discovery’ section with the option ‘Allow Bluetooth device to find this PC’ option. Check the option, and click on the ‘Apply’ button below for this to take effect.
Pair the Device and Enter a PIN
You can now pair the device with your computer. If you’ve made your PC discoverable, you can select your PC from the list of available devices on your other Smartphone or tablet to initiate the pairing process.
The steps below will tell you how to connect to your computer with a device such as a phone, speaker, mouse etc.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers
- Under Device and Printers click > “Add a device”
- Make sure that the Bluetooth headset is set to “Combination mode” in the “Add a device” window, select Bluetooth headset and you will get a “Connect Device” notification.
- Take care of the taskbar area as it will show “Install drivers” and will receive a notification that the Bluetooth device connected to the laptop is double-click on the notification and then the code entered for this type of headset is entered.
- After entering the correct code, there will be an alert that this is successfully connected to the laptop.
- (The default code codes are 0000 or 1234 if you are having a code error, invalid paragraph code, please check with the Headset manufacturer).
- Next, go to Control Panel and choose Sound
- Select “Speaker – Bluetooth hands-free audio” and then select “Set default“.
- Close all previously opened media players and open the player again, then select the music you want to listen to.
Windows 8 & 10 – Bluetooth Technology
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth icon
- If your Bluetooth is on, you will see a list of available devices for connecting.
- Depending on whether he has a driver or not, you can see the full name of the device or even the general name of the mouse. Under its name,
- Select a device and connect to windows 10 computer or windows 8.
- You can use your bluetooth button on the keyboard.
Can I Have Two Bluetooth Devices Connected to an iPhone at Once?
This connection is a very useful technology that gives you the ability to connect wireless to the device on your iPhone ipad. Whether you need a keyboard to make typing easier, or you want to be able to listen to your music without disturbing people at your office, there are this type of devices to solve your problem.
But what if you want to add your Bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone, then you can type a long email, but you’re already listening to music through your Spotify account?
Fortunately, you can add a keyboard and headphone to your iPhone at the same time, which will allow you to use two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
If you are trying to connect two devices at the same time and have trouble, try connecting them to a different order.
For example, I was having difficulty connecting my headphones and keyboard at the same time but when I added the keyboard first, it was connected to headphones, everything worked properly.
Apple actually tells that Bluetooth devices can support up to 7 devices connected simultaneously, but this is 3 or 4 practical limits.
In my experience with the simultaneous such device testing with the iPhone 5 in iOS 7, I could only output audio in a pair of Bluetooth headphones at the same time.
Both connected at the same time, as in the image below, but the iPhone will only output to a headphone’s Bluetooth audio at the same time.
I thought it could be an issue of Bluetooth audio only, which was able to output audio only to one device, but the same result when a pair of headphones and Bluetooth adapter combinations were connected at the same time.
So it seems that the iPhone can output audio at the same time. The only solution to hearing audio on multiple headphones is to use headphone splitter as if it was a Bluetooth headphone which I was trying to add to the pair, this pair was Sony and Rocketfish.
The Bluetooth keyspace is this model from Logitech.