Having a look at the set up of the canon wireless printer connected to the device. So, before going for connection, please ensure that you fulfill the following two conditions:
- Please ensure that you have got an access point it can be router also, via which you will get the internet connection. And your access point must be fully functioning before you move on to the next step.
- And also ensure that you have a computing device such as PC, Mac, Tablet or smartphone, from here on referred to as a computer, which is successfully connected to the internet.
In order to be sure that whether the computer to be used with the printer is connected to the network, try to browse something from the internet browser, an internet website from the computer. In the case that the webpage does not show then it concludes that you are not connected to the internet and you should fix this before proceeding.
How Can I Set up CANON Wireless Printer?
We will move forward with the set up of the canon printer to the Wi-Fi network. Setting up your canon printer to your Wi-Fi network includes two parts. But if there is something not working properly in canon printer then, you can check out for the third part, in which we deal with the addressing of the problem.
So, now coming on part one, which is connecting canon printer to the Wi-Fi. This step is also the easiest among all. So, just have a look at those steps:
Steps to Set up Canon Wireless Printer
- The first step is to turn on your printer so, press the power button.
- Now, press the settings button and then press the arrow button and once you go to the device settings then, press “OK”.
- Now press the arrow button until you see the LAN settings and then press “OK”.
- Press the arrow button until you move on to the wireless LAN set up and then press “OK”.
- Then the printer will start searching for the wifi network and meanwhile, the light will be blinking.
- If in case the searching process takes too long, you can press “stop” and it will again go to the wireless LAN set up, standard set up and then press “OK”.
- Press the arrow button until you find your Wi-Fi network and then press “OK”.
- Now finally you enter your password for the Wi-Fi and then press “OK”.
Now moving on the second part of adding your canon wireless printer to your computer. After connecting your Canon wireless printer to the Wi-Fi connection, then connect it to the computer to get it to work. So, here are the steps to connect your canon wireless printer to the computer:
Steps to connect your canon wireless printer to the computer
- Press the “Windows logo key+ R” which is there on the keyboard simultaneously and then copy or paste the “control/ name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” into the box and then click on the “OK” button.
- Click on “Add a printer” and follow the on-screen steps or instructions to complete the process.
Now, your computer is successfully connected to the wireless canon printer and also with the wireless connection. So, try printing a test page and it should definitely work.
As we have already said that if you are facing any of the issues in connecting your canon wireless printer to the device or the Wi-Fi network. Then go for the third part which deals with the “working problems in the connection of canon wireless printer”. If your canon printer is a bit weird and shows notifications. Such as “error notifications pop up randomly” and “it will not print at all”, etc. Then, there are chances that the printer is corrupted or it is having an outdated driver.
So, you should update your canon printer driver to see whether it could fix your problem. And you can update the driver manually but if you don’t know to fix your driver manually. Then you can do it automatically with “drive easy”. Here drive easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. And you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver. You don’t need to take tensions about making a mistake while installing.
Update Pixma Printer Driver
You can update your drivers automatically with free or pro versions of drive easy. So, better you go with the pro versions as it takes a few minutes only and few steps only to get installed. So, follow the following steps:
- Go to the store section of your computer and then download and install the driver easily.
- Run drive easy and then click on the “scan now” option and then drive easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers if detected.
- Click on “update all” to automatically download and install all the latest and correct version of all the drivers that are missing out or outdated on your system. And then click on update.
- Restart your computer for the effective changes to take place.
- Finally, do check to see if the printing is up and running.
These were the steps to set up a canon wireless printer.