Hal.dll Error – What is it?
Hal.dll is a type of dynamic link library that is common in Windows 7, 8 and Vista. The Hal.dll is important for all windows installation and error occurs when this file cannot be loaded correctly. Hal is the abbreviation of ‘Hardware Abstraction Layer‘, communication between Windows and various PC hardware has helped with this file.
Fix the “hal.dll is missing or corrupt” error
If you have received the “hal.dll missing or corrupted” error message from your Windows machine, then you are in luck! This video will show you how to fix hal.dll windows error code problem with the Recovery Console tool that comes with Windows 2000 and XP CDs.
Using the Windows Recovery Console
Windows 2000 and Windows XP CDs provided by Microsoft have a device called a Recovery Console, which can be used to repair errors that prevent Windows XP from starting the command line. The OEM version of Windows XP, which cannot be in this feature, including computers pre-installed with Windows XP, cannot work as follows:
* Insert windows* When the Welcome Setup screen appears, press R.
* Type a number for the Windows installation you want to repair (usually 1) and press Enter
* When prompted, type the administrator password and press Enter
* At the command prompt, enter the following command. / (The example commands assume that C: is your Windows drive. Change the drive letter if appropriate.)
ATTRIB -H -R -S C:
BOOT.INIDEL C: BOOT.INIBOOTCFG
/ Ribbon FixBot
* Remove the Windows XP CD from the drive and restart the computer this does not solve the problem:
* Repeat the above instructions and log on as an administrator to boot the console.
At the command prompt, type the following command:
EXPAND D: I386 HAL.DL_ C: WINDOWS SYSTEM32 HAL.DLL
Ways to Fix Hal.Dll Errors in Windows 7
Method 1: Restart the computer
Sometimes a temporary problem is possible. Therefore, before completing any other steps and solving the problem, reboot the system before checking it. If not, follow other methods
Method 2: Easy Recovery Is Mandatory
Sometimes this error occurs when the BCD configured incorrectly and Windows 7 will correct an easy recovery requirement if this is the scenario. This easy recovery is mandatory, the reboot process of the bootloader and the BCD in the windows. This is a very useful way to step by step here:
- Easy download recovery by clicking on it first
- Once downloaded, burn the bootable ISO image using the information.
- Boot your system with the easy recovery compulsory CD / USB that you have made.
- When this easy recovery starts playing mandatory, click on the ‘Automatic Repair‘ option and continue to proceed with the process.
- The computer will be fully scanned and then, click the ‘Automatic Repair‘ button.
- Now the ERS will start testing your chosen drive and all related to disk, partition, boot sector, registry, file system, the bootloader will be automatically repaired.
- Wait a few minutes and complete the process. Once done, simply click the Resume button. It probably will
Method 3: Start-Up Repair
Repairing Hal.dll errors in Windows 7 is another useful process for which you do not have to download or install any other device. This process completely automated. Just follow the steps.
- You must have a Windows installation DVD that is necessary to insert a CD-ROM drive.
- Now turn off the PC completely and turn it back on.
- When pressing any key to boot from the message ‘CD or DVD’, press any key on the keyboard
- Next, select language and keyboard and click on ‘Repair your computer‘ option.
- The system will be scanned after which the show is listed.
- Various recovery options will be displayed, and you will click on the Start-up Repair link.
- It will begin to diagnose issues with repairs.
Method 4: Install Windows 7 Clean
If you are trying all the ways and the situation is still the same, then a clean installation of Windows 7 can fix the problem. This process is really useful where everything on the hard drive destroyed and a new copy of Windows 7 installed. So, try one of them through steps and one of them.