How to Fix the c00d1199 Error
The c00d1199 error is display when Windows Media Player can’t read the file. The file is damaged and no one can get this error.
Because the file you are trying to run can remember the codec. In which you can easily run. This error is very common on many Window computer.
What Causes The c00d1199 Error?
The c00dd1199 error is due to many different problems, including:
- Trying to run unsupported files on Windows Media Player c00d1199
- You do not need a codec to run the file
- Windows media error c00d1199 can prevent registry errors from working
- The sound controller can damage or corrupted.
You can update your codecs after you change your system’s output audio device. After clearing the registry, you update your Windows Media Player. You can fix this error in many different ways.Here’s how you do it …
How to Fix this error?
The very standard method of solving this is given below:
- Firstly, Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
- After that click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- Next, in the new window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click Next.
- Then select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Lastly, restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
The issue of c00d1199 windows error code of audio and video media player error is repaired.
Step One – Select the right output device in Windows Media Player 12
When a corrupt window media player error message show on your PC. So he tries to play audio from the wrong audio device. This error is also called c00d1199 error windows media player. Also selects many different devices as well.
- If you have not done this already, then launch the Windows Media Player
- Click Tools, and then select the option( repair tool).
- In the Options dialog box, click Tools and then double-click on the speaker.
- To use the drop-down list, select a different sound card or sound controller from the audio device.
- Click Apply to save your changes and fixing windows error code c00d1199.
Step Two – Download Any popular Codecs You Might Need
One of the main reasons for the C00d1199 error is that “codecs” is not required on your computer. Codecs are small programs that allow your computer to read different media formats.
Occasionally, Windows computers will say that they require a specific plugin or program to run the media file, and that’s why they need a specific codec.
The good news is that most codecs are free and you can do all this with a codec (which can see many major codecs) from the above site. Check the file type is supported or not.
Step Three – Save the File To Your Hard Drive
Often you will find, the files loaded on the Internet can either be corrupted or damaged, it can cause a c00d1199 error because it will not allow Windows Media Player to load the content from media library that it wants to play the file. A good way to avoid this problem is by downloading the file on your hard drive by right-clicking on the webpage and selecting Save as.
Step Four – Clean Out the Registry
‘Registry’ is a database that allows Windows users to store all the settings and options that Windows needs to use every day on your PC. This part of your system is one of the most important aspects of Windows and it is that many software programs are constantly being used to help your system run as smoothly as possible.
Unfortunately, the registry is also a major cause of problems for your system because its usage was too much and it got corrupted. This is often the case that Windows Media Player will try and teach different files from that registry database, finds that they are corrupt and there will be no option to show the error c00d1199.
To fix this, you can simply use a ‘registry cleaner’ program to scan through your PC and fix the errors inside the registry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: Resolve Error Message c00d1199
Ans: If you try to play the audio or video file in Windows Media Player error c00d1199 maybe occur showing. A few general reasons behind the error c00d1199 are:
- You are trying to play the file. That file may be damaged or corrupt.
- Few files types may be not be supported by Windows Media Player for example you trying to .mov file. You will need to require Apple Media Player. Now you want to know which types of files support Windows Media Player visit the Microsoft Website for all information.
- You trying to play the file. It may be supported by Windows Media Player, however, the file was compressed using a codec it is not supported by Microsoft Windows Media Player.
- You are attempting to play a DVD in Windows Media Player yet do not have the expected DVD plugin.
The Error c00d1199 can also get if your sound controller or sound card is not correctly configured.
If this error may be the reason, need to change the output device connected with theWindows Media player to solve the issue. Follow the given steps to fix the problem.
- Double click the Windows Media Player on your desktop to launch it.
- Next, click the Tools menu and choose Options.
- Next, see the Options dialogue box, hit the Devices tab and next double click Speakers.
- Choose a different sound controller or sound card from the Audio device to use the drop-down list.
- Next, click Apply to save your recent changes.