What is Crackle?
Crackle tv is an over-the-top video streaming platform owned by Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment and is available in 21 countries with a large library of original content and partnered content providers on devices including mobile, tablets, smart TVs, desktop and consoles too.
History of Crackle TV
Crackle was founded as an independent company which was originally known as Grouper. In 2006, the grouper service was purchased by Sony Pictures and Sony renamed it Crackle in July 2007 first and later retitled again as Sony Crackle in January 2018. In March 2019, Sony sold a majority stake of crackle to Chicken Soup for the Soul, Later on Sony sold its remaining stake to them as well.
Is Crackle free to watch?
Yes, you can save your money by using Crackle for free to meet your entertainment needs. Crackle is a free streaming option that offers a good selection of movies and some TV shows. The service is available on many platforms and there are not many issues in its streaming performance. As it’s free, it doesn’t have some features such as offline downloads or full HD streams.
What Can I Watch on Crackle?
Crackle has 700 movies and over 100 TV series. Crackle’s library is good but falls far short in front of Tubi’s 20,000 titles. Still, Crackle’s movie library is larger than some paid options like CBS All Access. You won’t get access to streaming shows and movies available on Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, or HBO Max, but there’s a lot of content on Crackle.
Where can you watch Crackle Tv?
Currently, Crackle is available only in the United States and its territories.
The crackle service is available on almost every device which makes it easier to switch between devices if you sign up
- Android (smartphones and tablets)
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TVApple TV set-top boxes
- iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Roku smart TVs
- Xbox One
- Playstation 4
- Samsung smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Vizio smart TVs
- Comcast Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex set-top boxes
- Every Web browser you can think of on desktop or smartphones.
There are some shows and movies like the following exclusively available on crackly:
- The Oath: tags: Fbi, undercover agent, spy, cops, prison
- StartUp: tags: drama, crime,Martin Freeman, Adam Brody, and Ron Perlman.
- Playing with Power: The Nintendo Story: tags: docuseries, origins of Nintendo
- Robert the Bruce: tags: historical action, king of Scotland in the 14th century.
- Spides: tags: A sci-fi series, woman, coma, Berlin, memory loss, non-human threat.
Content partners of Crackle
CBS Media Ventures Constantin Film
Discotek Media Entertainment One
Epic Pictures ErosSTX
Gaumont Film Company Lionsgate
Magnolia Pictures Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Miramax Universal Television Distribution Nordisk Film Oscilloscope Laboratories Rat Pack Film produktion
Samuel Goldwyn Films Screen Media Ventures
Shout! Factory Sony Pictures
Tribeca Film Universal Pictures
Q: How many people can stream on Crackle at one time?
A: You can stream on as many devices as you want, all at once.
Q: Is Crackle available in 4K?
A: No, Crackle’s video streams currently tops at HD 1080p resolution only.
Q: Can I share Crackle with friends and family? How to prevent kids from overwatching?
A: You can share your Crackle account with others easily as its free and supports multi-devices. You can also set up a PIN so that your kids can’t access it without your permission.
Pros of Crackle
- It is available free of cost
- Decent collection of movies
- Reliable streaming performance
- Easy signup process
Cons of Crackle
- There are lots of ads that you have to watch while streaming or at starting of movies.
- web and mobile interfaces are not top-notch.
- There are few high-quality shows on crackle.