Wifi connected but no internet
If your PC is connected to the internet but is unable to access the Internet, then this is a common problem. Everyone has to face it sometimes in their own life. Sometimes, your PC can not get the IP or DNS address automatically. There may be a driver problem but do not worry, because in all these cases we have a very well qualified technician. Read here how to fix “wifi connected but no internet“.
The internet is not working or you are doing it with limited connectivity, you are not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this problem along with. But don’t worry, it is possible to decide.
Connected but no internet access windows 10
Here are some effective solutions you have to try. There are four types of methods:
Fix WiFi connected, but can use any Internet connection window 10
Method 1: Uninstall Wireless Drivers on PC
- Press the Windows key + R, then type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Expand right click on the network adapter and wireless network card.
- Select uninstall, select Yes if asked for confirmation.
- After uninstalling complete click operation and then select ‘scan for hardware changes.
- Device Manager will automatically install wireless drivers.
- Now to look for wireless networks and establish a connection.
- Open Network and Share Center and then click on ‘Change Adapter Settings.’
- Finally, click on the correct Wi-Fi and disable it.
- After enabling it again for a few minutes.
- Now click on the right network icon and “troubleshooting problems”
- Let troubleshooter automatically fix this issue
- Applying the reboot changes.
Wifi connected no internet
Method 2: Automatically receive IP address and DNS server address
- Click on the network icon and select ‘Open Network and Share Center’
- Now click on your connection ie wireless network to which you are connected.
- In the status window on the Wi-Fi click ‘Properties‘ and go to Wifi connection properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click Properties.
- Tick automatically receives an IP address and automatically receives the DNS server address.
- Receive an IP address automatically attributes IPv4
- Reboot your PC.
Method 3: Edit Registry key form PC
- Press the Windows key + R then type “regedit” and press enter.
- In Registry to go to the following:
- Search for “EnableActiveProbing” key and set your value.
- Finally, reboot and then check whether the problem persists or not.
Windows 10 wifi connected but no internet
Method 4: Detect Proxy Settings Automatically
- In the Windows Search box type “Internet Properties” or “Internet Options” and click to open it.
- Now go to the Connection tab and then click on LAN Settings.
- Make sure that “Detecting the settings on your own” is checked and “Use a proxy server for LAN” is not marked.
- Click OK and then click Apply.
- Finally, Reboot your PC.