If you are unable to access your important insights saved in the MS Excel 2016 or any other version due to the “MS Excel not responding” issue then don’t worry as today we will discuss “How to fix MS Excel not responding issue & get rid of Stuck MS Excel File and recover the unsaved data?”
MS Excel not responding or stuck situation is very irritating and annoying; the situation becomes more dangerous when you have some unsaved data.
Ways to Fix MS Excel Not Responding?
This problem may appear due to several causes, you will see an hourglass or a looping circle showing that a heavy thing yet to be completed and at the top of the Excel window, you get a message “Microsoft Excel not responding”.
In the event that you are not experiencing an MS Excel error response, here’s the thing that you have to do to settle the error. Your Microsoft Excel answer does not have an extremely annoying issue, even then on the off chance that you know the system of inquiry, you can perform them without much of a stretch and here they go. You really want to know How to fix MS Excel Not Responding please read this article properly.
In the event that you are not experiencing an MS Excel error response, here’s the thing that you have to do to settle the error. Your Microsoft Excel answer does not have an extremely annoying issue, even then on the off chance that you know the system of inquiry, you can perform them without much of a stretch and here they go.
How to Fix MS Excel Not Responding?
The problem can occur due to many external factors, but no matter what are they, here are some easy fixes:
Run Excel in Safe Mode
This is the easiest solution to choose for resolving Excel not working error. To avoid issues during the start-up of the applications, try these steps-
- Hold Windows logo key and R together
- Type in ‘excel.exe /safe’ in the newly opened box
- Here MS Excel will run in safe mode
- Now open the file you were working on, and it should run error-free
Change the Default Printer
There is a link between Excel and printer which doesn’t make sense to you, but it can interrupt the smooth service of MS Excel. Whenever you open a spreadsheet, it communicates with the printer to check margins supportable for the MS Excel. If it gets the margin, you will face no error, but when it does not, the MS Excel Not Responding error occurs.
- Go to the control panel from your Windows PC by opening settings
- Then click on Printer and Devices
- Right-click on Microsoft XPS Document Writer to set a default printer
- Now try to open the excel file and the problem should be no longer exists.
Update the Installation to Latest
If your Windows office updates are not installed on your system, you can face this error. So, please make sure that your system is updated with all the newer versions of Windows update. If you are unsure about the update process, please follow the following solutions:
- Go to the control panel of your Windows operating system from settings window
- Then click on System & Security
- After that, click Start Maintenance to set it in the automatic mode
- The updating process will installed itself on the automatic mode and you don’t have to do anything. Wait for a newer version of Windows installed on your PC and then try to open MS Excel again.
Repair MS Office Program to Solve Issue
If other troubleshooting processes, not works, you can solve the Microsoft Excel not responding error by repairing the MS office. The repairing process helps to automatically repair all the errors of MS office files including Excel, Word, and Access etc. This is a little critical process you just need to take help from Microsoft office customer support where qualified technicians do this process remotely with right tricks and safety to avoid errors.